Want to fight infertility? Start eating right! Learn the different foods to increase fertility.
The kind of food that you ingest into your body everyday speaks for the level of health condition that your body is in. When your daily diet involves good, nutritious foods, you can bet that your body is in good shape inside and out. But if you constantly stuff yourself with processed junk foods, your health may be declining at a faster rate than you think.
But your health is not the only one that is affected with eating too much bad food. It may never have occurred to many women that certain foods help facilitate or impede your fertility.
If you and your partner have been trying to get pregnant for months to a year now but to with no success, perhaps some foods to increase fertility will help you get on your way to become mom and dad.
Here are top ten foods to increase fertility as suggested by the book “Pregnancy Miracle” by Lisa Olson. Lisa is a fertility expert and these suggestions should come to your rescue.
- It is important that you keep your body well-hydrated at all times by drinking clean filtered or spring water. Water aids in the proper functioning or your reproductive system. This includes providing natural fluid to help the sperm in reaching the cervix.
- Some of the very essential foods to increase fertility are green leafy vegetables especially spinach. It is has high antioxidant content as well as iron, folic acid and other nutrients needed to maintain healthy reproductive organs. Folic acid is a type of B vitamin that helps generate viable and healthy eggs to prevent birth defects in babies.
- To reduce your chances of a miscarriage, include oranges and yellow vegetables in your list of foods to increase fertility. They contain beta carotene that corrects hormonal imbalance thus helping to keep your baby safe in the womb until birth.
- Broccoli, cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables are foods to increase fertility that contain phyto-nutrients to regulate the metabolism of estrogen. They are also recommended if you are suffering from endometriosis or uterus fibroids.
- Foods to increase fertility and corrects your problem with irregular cycles are sweet potatoes, carrots and peas. They, too, contain beta carotene that promotes regular blood flow during your monthly menstrual cycle and consequently increase your fertility.
- Take a daily dose of Vitamin C by eating blueberries, papaya, oranges, kiwis and strawberries. These foods to increase fertility offer a lot of nutritional elements for women hoping to conceive.
- Proteins present in dairy products and other meat and fish are also great foods to increase fertility. They are rich in amino acid that aids in the generation of fertility hormones FSH and LH.
- If you want to get pregnant soon, you need sufficient amount of iron and Vitamin B so eat a lot of whole grain bread and tortillas. These great foods to increase fertility are needed to boost your fertility hormones.
- Eating the right fats is essential if you hope to get pregnant quickly. Foods to increase fertility with healthy fats are almonds and walnuts that contain omega 3 fatty acid.
- Last but not least, eat a moderate amount of vegetable proteins such as tofu and soy products to help you achieve the ideal pre-pregnancy weight and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
When you search for the best foods to increase fertility, you should also consider your ideal meal plan and work from there. Do not take it as an obligation that you need to do but treat it as a recreation so that you and your partner will enjoy the foods together rather than obligingly eating them like they are some sort of medicine that you need to take or else. Keeping a healthy body is important to help prepare for a possible pregnancy. Start by eating the right kinds of foods to increase fertility today.