You and your partner may have enjoyed each other as a couple for years without having to face the responsibility of being parents. After you have explored everything and done everything as a childless couple, you have finally decided to have children. But, surprise! There is no baby coming.
A common mistake that many couples make is assuming that they can have children whenever they want to. Some may need fertility boosting to increase their chances of pregnancy.
If you think this can only be achieved through surgery or heavily medicated drugs, think again. There are actually natural and easy steps you can take to get the same results.
Here are 8 easy-to-follow steps to increase your chances of pregnancy:
1. Eating and Drinking Right – Medical research suggests that ideal sperm count, balanced testosterone levels in male as well as overall health of the reproductive system in both males and females are achieved by keeping a healthy lifestyle. You should begin by watching the food that you eat.
Some of the vitamin-enriched foods and drinks that you should be taking are: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, seafood and eggs. Male fertility can also be improved by taking sufficient dosage of vitamin D and calcium which are all found in milk. For women, the recommended vitamins and minerals to Increase Chances of Pregnancy are A, C,E, folic acid, omega-3, B6 and B12, selenium, manganese and zinc. These vitamins may all be found in one multivitamin tablet.
2. No to Dirty Habits – These are in the form of smoking, drinking and taking harmful drugs. Also, foods and beverages that contain caffeine should also be avoided. Some of the caffeinated products that you need to stay away from are coffee, sodas and chocolates. Exercise is healthy, however, you need to tone it down to relaxing routines rather rigorous ones so as not to put too much strain on your body.
3. Wear Comfortable Clothes – It has been known that wearing too tight clothing especially in men affects sperm production. Therefore, wear only loose pants and underwear so you do not restating your testicles. You should also minimize, if not avoid, saunas and playing rough sports.
4. Know Your Cycle – This is done by keeping a close watch on your fertility calendar. Your ovulation starts 14 days before your actual menstrual period. It is important to take note that cycles are not the same but actually varies between women. It is more difficult for women with irregular cycles to determine their fertile days.
5. Get Help from An Ovulation Predictor – It helps determine which days of the month are you most fertile. It can detect the level of a woman’s luteinizing hormones through her urine. Once you notice a surge in your LH level, it is recommended that you engage in sexual intercourse within 36 hours. Aside from the predictor, you can also use a BBT chart which records your body basal temperature.
6. The Perfect Timing – Know the correct and perfect timing when to have sex. Some research suggests that male sperm count reaches its peak in the morning so engage into intercourse before breakfast. It will also Increase Chances of Pregnancy if you have sex during the peak of the female’s ovulation.
7. The Proper Position – Certain positions help deposit the male sperm as closely as possible into the female’s cervix. One tip is the missionary position where the male stay on top during the whole activity. Also, be cautious in using lubricants. Some types of lubricants can kill sperm.
8. The Art of Lovemaking – Don’t treat sex as an obligation by doing it purely for the purpose of conceiving. Keep the romance alive between you and your partner. By doing so, stress will also be reduced and you will be more relaxed.
Trying ways to Increase Chances of Pregnancy may need work and effort between you and your partner.
You need to work together as couple to achieve your ultimate goal and that is to get pregnant.