chinese medicine has been regarded as one of the best alternative medicines for almost 3,000 years. The Chinese have resorted to herbal medications to treat different illnesses and increase chances of pregnancy by enhancing the normal function of your reproductive system and assisting in the ovulation process.
While herbs are considered safe because of its natural components it is still highly advisable to consult a qualified physician before you decide to forgo any type of alternative herbal treatment. He can give you some important information and details about certain herbs with regards to its functions and effects.
Another thing that you need to keep in mind before trying on any herb is to know when it’s not safe to take it. There are many herbal supplements that are prescribed to boost ovarian health and function but not all women can take these supplements. If you have been using contraceptives, Lupron or Antigon/Cetrotide, you are not advised to use herbs. This is because certain herbs can counteract the effects of birth control pills and this will defeat your purpose of taking them in the first place.
How Long Before You See Any Results?
Once you have taken some herbal supplements, results are not apparent until 60 to 120 days. Herbs depend on your cycle. This means that it will need to complete a menstrual cycle before it can work effectively. Also, herbs work more effectively after you have had several cycles. So, taking any herbal treatment a week before an IVF transfer will be useless.
Herbs do have positive effects on infertility. Some of the infertility conditions that can be corrected by taking herbal supplements are:
– luteal phase defects
– early ovarian failure
– mature reproductive age
– male infertility factors
– ovarian problems such as endometriosis and ovarian cysts
– unknown causes
Herbs work better when partnered with Fertility drugs during IVF and IUI cycles. The have been a lot of excellent results and the use of herbs and other forms of alternative treatment are gaining more and more recognition in the West.
Herbs to Increase Fertility
There may be little research studies that can support the effectiveness of hers as alternative medicine but there have been numerous subjective proof that they truly work.
Here some of the herbs that can help enhance your Fertility and promote a healthy pregnancy:
- Wild Yam – This herb increases progesterone levels and needs to be taken after your ovulation occurs. If it is taken before, it can stop the ovulation process altogether and reduce your fertility.
- Dong Quai – It can balance your estrogen levels and helps regulate your menstrual cycle. It can also improve egg implantation in women with autoimmune problems.
- False Unicorn Root – This herb can improve the general health of your reproductive system and regulate ovaries. One precaution, take only mild dosages as it can inflame your stomach and kidneys as well as induce vomiting and hazy vision.
- Chaste Tree Berry – This herb can minimize any imbalance in your hormones. It can also stimulate your glands to increase production of Fertility hormones. When used regularly, it can lower stress levels thus promote fertility.
While many herbs encourage fertility, there are some that you need to stay away from. An example of this is the ginseng. Ginseng is known to be unsafe for pregnant women.
Herbs are natural and safe. It is one of the best alternative medicines around. Should you want to try any of it, it is always best to consult a licensed medical practitioner first to increase your safety and protection. Click here to find our more details that might help you to increase your fertility and help you get pregnant soon.