It is considered for a woman who is at the height of her reproductive age to develop cysts.
Cysts are sacs of fluids that are most often harmless. Most of the time, the patient is not even aware that she has them in her body. While cysts are generally unproblematic, there are times when they grow unusually large that need to be removed before they turn malignant or cancerous. Another reason that cysts need to be removed is when they cause pain and start to bother the patient.
Your Options to Cure Ovarian Cysts
It is technically impossible to cure ovarian cysts because there are no scientific methods of their causes and most of them are likely to just come and go. So if you decide to remove one today, another one may be developing. Technicalities aside, let us focus on managing and eliminating the cysts.
Here some of the available options that you can choose from to cure ovarian cysts:
1. Vigilance in the Condition – Cysts that do not show symptoms are often detected only through an ultrasound imaging. In such case, your doctor may advise you to wait it out and observe whether the cyst will simply go away on its own. With the ultrasound, the doctor will be able to see the size and components of the cyst and check how serious it is and whether it needs immediate removal or not.
2. Alternative Medicine – Due to insufficient availability of options to cure ovarian cysts, a lot of women have been discovering and employing alternative forms of treatment to get rid of cysts. Some of these alternatives are:
– use of treatment herbs
– change in diet
– taking antioxidant supplements
Also referred to as non-Western practice, there is no guarantee that this could actually work. However, many women who have tried alternative medicine would attest that they have been cured by it.
3. Western Medicinal Practice – To employ this type of treatment, there are certain things to be considered such as age and overall health status of patient, location of the cyst and whether the patient intends to conceive in the future.
4. Contraceptive Pills – Cysts are often associated with a woman’s reproductive cycle. The reason behind the prescription of contraceptive pills to women with ovarian cysts is not to cure it but to slow down the growth of new cysts and reduce the risk of cancer.
5. Surgery – This is the physical removal of the cysts. There are cases when surgery may be the most suitable option. Laparoscopic surgery is the most common choice of procedure that doctors often use. Similar to contraceptive pills, it will also restrain production of hormones. Surgery is also employed to women who develop abnormally large cysts.
There has been a lot of medical research going on to improve and add the list of available treatment options to cure ovarian cysts.